This “Red X” error happened to me after creating a linkedIn company profile for Technoogies, and then trying to create a company page, so that I could create a login app for this site. Clicking on the “Learn more” link is slightly informative, but doesn’t answer the question, “Why!”. It takes you to “Create a LinkedIn Page” and is a waste of time. We’ve already filled out the info to create a page at this point, and clicked the “Create Page” button.
This made me very unhappy, so I went straight for the “Contact us” link to help them fix their lack of detail about the real issue. Kudos to their LinkedIn Expert that quickly sent me an email with the correct information as to why I was getting this error. Now, they should link this error to a page with the info they sent to me.
The actual cause of the error, I was not ready for prime-time.
You asked “ https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/710 ” We think this should answer your question. If you still need help, click “I still need help” on the answer page and we’ll connect you with an online expert. Zean LinkedIn expert Hi
In order to create a Company Page in LinkedIn you will need to meet all the requirements below.
- You must have a personal LinkedIn profile set up with your true first and last name.
- You must have several connections on your profile and wait 24 hours after new invitations are accepted. 10 or more.
- You should have an account which is at least 4 days old.
- You should have your current company name and your position listed in the Experience section on your profile.
If you have met the requirements above, you may now proceed on Creating your Page:
If by any change that you are still unable to create your Company Page kindly check the possible reasons below
- There is an existing company page a red error message may appear. This help center link will be helpful https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/348
- If you are trying to use a Company Page URL which is already used by other Company Page, you may need to slightly make changes to the URL.
- Try different browsers. Here is a current list of supported internet browsers: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/4135
Hope this helps